Monday, September 22, 2008


One of my favorite writers lives in Nashville. Leisa is a storyteller, lecturer, book author and advocate for those who are physically and mentally challenged. We worked together years ago. She has since become like the persons she once wrote about. This is a park near her home and a favorite place to walk.

Phillips Crab House now has a presence in the Charlotte airport, as well as other places, I'm sure. When I was growing up it was a shack along the boardwalk in Ocean City, Maryland, and a favorite with my parents on holiday.

This guy came flying by: "I love this place too," he said, "take my picture." "What's your name?" I called after him. "Crab eater!" he replied, and then was gone.

The James River at Dutch Gap and Hopewell, Virginia, seen on approach to the Richmond airport.

No comments: